Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Feat

Last night I went for "Monsters vs. Aliens" at PVR, Lower Parel. We paid a bomb for the tickets (haven't these guys heard of recession?) and were anyway about 10 minutes late (thanks to a messed up order at noodle bar) and as much as I had nothing else to do I didn't think watching an animated movie was the best way to pass time. When we went into the (nearly empty, see, told you so) theatre, however, the screen was slightly blurry and I fumbled in my bag for my glasses, when I realized that I already had them on.

A breathless theatre attendant who chased us in handed us both a pair of what seemed to be sunglasses. Then it hit me.

3D! Yahoo!

I hadn't seen anything in 3D in years, decades, even. Faint memories of my childhood in New York reminded me of the few movies that I had seen (which were totally the rage among -10 year olds) and even a few TV programmes (the glasses would be available at Taco Bell, which was the only acceptable eat out joint for my parents, I suppose because it was spicy food. You can't take the mirchi out of the Goan, apparently) I watched the movie open mouthedly - the movie was no great shakes, but who cares! It was in 3D!

That's the great thing about being a kid. All you need to make you happy is things jumping out at you from a screen. But I'm glad to say that it still does.

Other kiddish things that have made me happy recently:

1. Hopscotch

2. Traveling in an open air bus

3. Trying to watch aeroplanes land and take off (without the influence of Marijuna)

Besides that, I find that the things that amuse me most are things that involve people getting screwed over. I love watching Seinfeld, and I love the fake Steve Jobs blog primarily I suppose because he's being mean to people because he can.

Am I turning into the Wicked Witch of the Western Line? I don't know. And to be honest, I don't care. All that much.

But I like the moments of childlike bliss which shows that I'm still a human being capable of enjoying simple and pure pleasures. Phew!

1 comment:

M said...

i'm always in support of doing simple childlike things. essell world! let's go let's go!